100% Australian Owned and Operated. est 1998. Call (07) 3800 0117
(07) 3800 0117
CLICK HERE to view the Mercator Summer 2017/18 Bright Ideas Sale!
Benefits of LED Lighting
- Long lifespan, therefore less on-going replacement costs
- Produces a strong light output, illuminating a wider area
- Produces less heat, reducing fire risk
- No UV or IR radiation produced- LEDs don't attract insects
- No Mercury
- Many LEDs have dimming capabilities
How Can LEDs Save Me Money?
- LEDs consume less energy than conventional light sources
- Reduced running costs= save money on energy bills
- Last up to ten times longer than conventional light sources
- Longer lifespan= less on-going replacement costs
- KEEP IN MIND rising electricity prices, cost of living is increasing!
Are LEDs More Environmentally Friendly?
- Carbon footprint of LEDs is very low
- Carbon emissions are very low compared to conventional sources
What to Look For
Lumens: A measure of the total amount of visible light emitted by a source. The higher the lumens, the brighter the light.
CRI (Colour Rendering Index): The ability of a light source to reproduce the colours of various object dependable, in comparison with an ideal or natural light source. The higher the CRI rating, the more real colour objects will portray.
Colour Temperature: Measured in Kelvins (K), the colour temperature depicts the colour of the light output from a source.
See the diagram to the right, which depicts the change in colour as the (K) value increases. LEDs are generally available between 2700K and 6500K.
To start browsing our full range CLICK HERE